Tuesday, May 27, 2008

A Great Weekend....

With this past weekend being Memorial Day, Marcus and I had a very treasured 3 day weekend so we decided that it would be fun to go to Wyoming to visit my family. Needless to say, we had a great time. It is always so much fun to spend time with family. And those from my side of the family will find this little tidbit very amusing ( I think Emily will remember this one!) : I pulled a stunt that I would do when I was about 5 years old. When we would visit my grandparents in Utah, I would start crying days before we would actually leave, because I knew that we eventually had to leave. Well, I did that on Monday night. We were supposed to leave monday evening so we could be back today for classes. Well, it was very snowy where we were supposed to be driving and I really didn't want to leave yet and I actually started crying! We were talking about it and I said with a very sad face, "but we could die!" He was very amused by my little stunts and he talked to my parents and they both said that we should stay, so we did! so we came home this morning, much to my excitement!


We had a great weekend thought, filled with much food, fun, games, and laughter. One event of note was a big cook-off that we were invited to participate in with some friends. It was similar to an "Iron Chef" competition. The theme was "The Olive Garden." My mom and I had a lot of fun thinking up three dishes to do. We were judged on taste, presentation, and use of theme. We ended up doing a salad that is exactly like the one they serve at the Olive Garden. For the main course we did homemade spaghetti, with snow peas and squash. I had fun with dots of olive oil and balsamic vinegar on the plate! And for dessert we did a grapefruit italian ice (sorbet). Topped off with chilled bowls, a slice of grapefruit, and fresh mint leaves. Two other women were invited to be chefs and all the food was AMAZING! We had a lot of fun. I will include some pictures.


That's about it for us! We are doing great and hope everyone else is as well!

Kyle playing basketball with Marcus




My mom cooking



Matt and Bronwyn

Marcus and I

The Judge Panel

Bronwyn was convinced that she was Paula, so that made Marcus, Simon!

2 comments:

Emily said...

How much fun! I'm sorry I missed it. Those pic of you and Marcus and Matt and B are so cute. Love them. Also was very amused at your use of feminine wiles to get to to stay longer. Who could ignore the possibility of death as a good excuse, especially when met with such a sad face. I do remember you doing that when you were little, in fact Sue Cath and I were just talking about it the other day. Weird.

Emily said...

I copied them and put them on my myspace hehe....