Yes, I only have one more month of pregnancy left, I can't believe it! It has gone by very fast, but at times it feels like I will be pregnant forever. We are getting very excited for whenever she decides to come. We have dreams about her all the time and are very excited to meet her finally! I feel like I already know her, I do know a little about her personality just by her being inside of me, it is really cool. We are also very busy with school work as the semester winds down. Hopefully that will make the time go faster for me. I have been feeling relatively good! Mostly just uncomfortable to sit and lay down at this point but that's part of the deal! I have been feeling pretty tired lately, I'm sure most of that is attributed to it being really hard to sleep. I can tell that I have gotten bigger over the last few weeks. She is still breech so we will see if she turns, but if not I will have to have a c-section. Well, there really isn't much else going on, just school and pregnancy, that is our lives right now, so sorry if it is boring! Here is the latest picture of me at 35 weeks:

Oh I almost forgot about some big news! We have decided on a name and we finally are settled on it. So unless she is a he.....haha. So her name will be: Allison Kelly Crook. As most of you know, Kelly is my sister's name. We aren't exactly naming her after her, we just thought that it was such a pretty name and it sounded great together. We also wanted to have a family name because it means more to us. So that's why we chose it. It is funny because Marcus actually brought up both of the names and so I tease him that I get to name the next one! I don't mind at all, we both love the name and are happy about it. It is a really hard choice to make so we are glad that it is out of the way!
Here is a picture that my friend Samm took for her photography class. She did pregnancy portraits of me and this is the one she turned in. She gave us a copy and I love it! Thanks Samm!
***UPDATE***
So, this morning as I was eating breakfast, Allison started to move around quite a bit. She always does this so it wasn't anything out of the ordinary, but I could tell it was a bit different than normal. I had a quick thought that maybe she turned but didn't think that I would be that lucky! So about a half hour later I go to my doctor's appointment and he starts to feel where the baby is and says that he thinks that she is head down. I was shocked! So just to make sure, we hurried into the ultrasound room and he did about a 10 second ultrasound and sure enough, all we see is this huge head right where it is supposed to be! We are so excited and relieved that she turned and I won't have to have a c-section or have her turned by force. Definitely a lot of stress off of us. I have been way more uncomfortable today just because my body isn't used to carrying her this way and it is a little weird but I'm sure I will get used to it. Not too much longer now so I can deal with it! Hopefully she stays in this position!
8 comments:
Cute pictures! Love them. You look so good. You look happy, I'm glad. It always bothers me when pregnant people look miserable all the time. It's such a great time in your life. So exciting! Keep smiling and the lack of sleep is just preparing you for more to come! (or should I say less!) Love you guys.
My friend just had a breech baby and it was delivered normally! Her doctor said it is actually less risky to deliver breech than c section. Crazy huh?! My sister in laws baby didn't flip until like 36-37 weeks either so you still have time. Also they can try to flip it too. Fun times!
Cute pictures too! Enjoy this time with just you and Marcus before she comes because all though it is great and wonderful to have a baby it wont ever be the two of you again!
Wow! It's getting close! Home stretch. For the record, I slept better with Scout out then the last few months with her in. True, she was a good sleeper- but even if they do wake up a few times a night, the sleep you get in between is gloriously free from giant awkward bellies. Does she wake you up in the middle of the night kicking you? Scout NEVER did, she totally followed my same sleep cycle in utero, and I had heard that they continue with the same sleep cycle they were known for while in the belly. This held true with my experience, so I am a believer in it.
By the way, I got the bassinet from Dales and someone had stacked 2 boxes of books on top of it!! As a result, one end is a little mashed. I am looking into threading some plastic reinforcer into it (my mom did that before I got it to a few areas -it's getting old!) Anyway, I hope it works. As a back up plan, I found an identical basket at JC Penny online for cheap, we would still have all the original bedding to the old bed, if my "fix" doesn't work. Me Sue and Cath are in the works with planning a trip to Wyoming before you have the baby, so we can at least deliver it to your mom before Allison makes her appearance and needs a bed to sleep in. It will probably be the weekend of my mom's birthday.
Thanks mom! Glad I look happy, I am! Nia-I have heard of some people delivering breech but there is like 4 main ways that babies can be breech. It depends on what position they are in. Most of the time, she is actually transverse, which means she is sideways! Crazy little thing! I guess that's a pretty rare thing. I don't know. She moves around though and changes position but it is either that way, or head up. I have found that she turns sideways at night, right before I go to bed, and when I get up, usually when I am eating breakfast she turns to the head up position for the rest of the day. Everyday! Haha! Yes, there is still time for her to turn so we will see what happens. I don't want them to try and turn her, it is dangerous and can cause miscarriage, and can detach the placenta. I would rather have a planned c-section than an emergency one because my baby isn't getting any oxygen! I can see your point Em! It will be definitely easier to get back to sleep without this belly! No, she never wakes me up. I am a heavy sleeper though. I have felt her in the early morning when I get up to go to the bathroom and lay back down, but she has never woken me up. Yeah, don't worry about the bassinet too much. Just bring it when you guys come. Her crib is in our room anyway so it's not a necessity. We will see what we can do with it though! Thanks. Oh, and we are definitely trying to spend a lot of quality time together! It is weird we only have a month of just being us! We are going to Idaho Falls on saturday together to have fun. We are getting excited!
I was actually going to put a sarcatic comment about her being transverse and just say oh that is fine to deliver her vaginally that way! HAHA! I am glad that she flipped and I hope that she stays that way. I think it would be easier to flip down than to flip back up at this point.
Hey! This is Marcus' cousin Kirstie. I don't know if he even remembers me...I was talking to Grandpa Crook and he said that you guys were up at BYU-I.I had no idea. We just started back to school here in January also. I just wanted you to know that if you ever needed anything, especially with the new baby on the way. We are always here. Congrats and Good Luck with everything!
Isn't there a quote from Planes, Trains and Automobiles that talks about a baby coming out sideways and the lady didn't even scream? Hehe, that would not be our Haley. I'm glad Allison is getting ready to come. Your mom got out your kid books today, and I read the one about the baby that didn't want to come out. Hopefully that's not what my little great-niece does!
Matt and I are so excited for you guys, and can't wait to meet her!!
I know you guys don't want to wait to have the baby, but Seth and I are coming back to Rexburg at the beginning of April, so if Allison wants to wait a few extra days, we won't be offended in the least bit. However, if she does want to come, tell her to not come early, cause then there's still a chance we can make it. And if she wants to come early... then we'll be so excited to meet her when we arrive. Any way you put it, we are SO excited for you guys and (I can't believe I'm saying this) to be back in Rexburg.
Post a Comment