Hello! Here is a quick little update on the Crook family. Marcus is busy with his job and is loving it! He is getting a lot of compliments from faculty, students, and staff throughout the college about how well he has been doing. Marcus is also enjoying football season and cheering on his 6-0 Oregon Ducks! I have been just busy with the kids and settling into life in Powell and trying to make friends. Marcus and I recently got called to be primary teachers in our ward. I have never been one so I was excited about it and I really enjoy it. I teach the CTR 4 class and Marcus teaches the Valiant 11 class.We have had fun going to the Powell High School football games as well because my cousin Brendon is on the team. They are 8-0 and have their first playoff game this week against Lander. It's fun that my aunt and uncle and cousins live here, we get together on Sundays a lot and have dinner and play games. Allison is absolutely LOVING her preschool! I knew she would and I'm so glad we put her in this year. She is in a class just with 3 other little girls who are all very mature and they get along great. She is learning letters better and their sounds, numbers, how to write her name, art, singing, etc. She just eats it all up. We had her first parent-teacher conferences last week and she is doing great academically and socially which is nice to hear. She has her first show and tell in a couple of weeks and we are going to bring in some sea shells she found in Mexico. She also has her Halloween party at school next Tuesday which will be lots of fun. We have a Halloween party at church on Halloween night. The kids are going to be Hansel and Gretel. A few years ago my parents hosted a German exchange student and we got really close to her and her parents sent over a dirndl which is a traditional German dress for Allison and it finally fits her! Will will be wearing little lederhosen and they are going to be so cute! Will just turned 18 months! Where does the time go? So he is now in nursery which is so great and he loves it! He is not a shy kid at all, in fact quite the opposite. He cracks us up, like at football games teenage girls sitting around us will want to hold him and he just soaks up all the attention with a little grin on his face. He especially loves it when they they have popcorn to share with him. :) He is walking some of the time now but not all the time. He is still practicing and is getting better. He is such a fast little crawler he doesn't have the patience to move so slow. I hope everyone is having a great fall, we are! Stay tuned next week for a big exciting announcement!
The kids playing at the park the other day
Allison and I's pumpkins we decorated with glow in the dark puff paint.
No comments:
Post a Comment