Ok, here's the full story. So Marcus and I left his parents house on friday at about 12. We got through Portland and then are heading through the Columbia River Gorge. As we are going through it I thought I smelled a stinky diaper so Marcus says he will pull off on the next exit so I could change Allison's diaper and be on our way. We pull off on the exit and I see a sign that points up the road and says The View Point Inn. Now, normally I wouldn't have recognized this at name at all. I may be a Twilight nerd but I'm not that obsessed. However, I happened to catch the end of a little documentary a couple weeks ago where they went to a bunch of places where they filmed the movie Twilight. The only part I saw was The View Point Inn, where they filmed the prom scene at the very end of the movie. I learned that it was in the Gorge just right outside of Portland. I just thought, that's cool we drive through there a lot, and just forgot about it. But secretly I thought it would be really cool to go there but am not crazed enough to seek it out on purpose. So anyway, back to the story. So I see the sign and I'm like, "why does that sound familiar??" Then I remembered and got really excited. Marcus, being the amazing man that he is, agrees to keep driving and go see if we can check it out. It was only about 5 miles off the interstate and it is all through this beautiful forest. So we get there and we walked around and took pictures. It was so fun!! I felt like such a teenaged, nerdy, tourist crazy person but it was really great. Marcus even had the idea to stay for a little lunch before we left, he's the best. The food was amazing, he said that we would have to go back sometime just for the food! So not expecting this at all and just thinking that we were going to be in the car for 13 hours straight I was just in sweats and hadn't put makeup on or anything. So I guess that would be the downside to the whole thing, I was really embarrassed waking around in my sweats. Oh well. The funny thing is, Allison didn't even have a dirty diaper! Here are the pictures.
It is such a beautiful place. The building was so old, it is a national historic site.
There is the fountain, and then right above that is where the gazebo was.
The sign!!
View of the gorge.
Yay for Twilight!









5 comments:
Little serendipity moments are great. Nice to have a Marcus who will indulge you and is a good sport. Beautiful place! Pretty cool.
How fun to get to stop there. It looks like such a cute place. Good thing you saw that documentary! :)
I have a funny "Twilight nerd" story about B!! I will make it quick...
So, we went to that crazy populated Modest Mouse concert in Salt Lake a few weeks ago. We met Catherine there, and she had some Twilight book for us to give to Em. She gave it to B right when she saw us. We were all sitting on the grass together and we were way far away from the stage, so I wanted to get closer. B wanted to come with, so, without me noticing yet, grabbed the book and we headed into the most packed crowd of ANY CONCERT i've ever been to. The newspaper said there were 40,000 people. It was a free concert that was part of Salt Lake's "Twilight Series" (Twilight because they start around sunset, not in anyway related to the books, it's been called that for years)
So, here is B, getting knocked around to and from, with a bunch of people all around her rocking out and dancing, and her with here little twilight book clenched in her arms, holding onto it for dear life.
I thought it was adorible.
My favorite part is the "Twilight walk of fame" sign. People actually pilgrimage to these sights on purpose, don't they? Fun thing to stumble upon though. The one sight I would actually like to see is the pretty colored rocks beach in La Push.
Thanks for taking such good care of my book, B. That could not have been fun or easy. I like how when you handed it to me you warned me of the sweat.
The walk of fame is actually a little pathway leading up to that sign with bricks that people can purchase for a fundraiser for the hotel.
Post a Comment